- Shopping health and beauty online
- Sears names supermarket veteran Michel chief of food, health and pharmacy efforts
- Drug Store Shopping Report Card
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Sears Holdings taps former OfficeMax exec to lead grocery, drug and Rx business
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — Following the success of its 13-store test in 2010, Sears has announced that it now is expanding its in-store cosmetic departments to more than 100 stores and online.
The staffed beauty departments include such mass brands as Revlon, L'Oréal, Maybelline and CoverGirl. The concept also includes nail care from Sally Hansen, Nicole by OPI and Essie, as well as skin care and fragrances.
"We are pleased to offer our customers a comprehensive assortment of the cosmetics, skin care and nail care brands not typically found in department stores at the mall," stated Gary Schettino, VP and GMM of Sears men's apparel and center core at Sears Holdings. "Our foray into beauty creates the perfect complement to our new approach to fashion at Sears. The introduction of affordable and well-known brands is another example of our continued commitment to offer our customers incredible value at a total style destination."