SHELTON, Conn. — Schick, an Energizer Personal Care brand, is expanding the Schick Hydro franchise of razors with the launch of new Schick Hydro 5 disposables and Schick Hydro Silk disposables.
Introduced in 2010, the Schick Hydro razor offered the first-of-its-kind technology. Available in three- and five-blade options, Schick Hydro utilizes technology including skin guards, a flip trimmer on the five-blade razor, an ergonomic handle and a hydrating gel reservoir to provide hydration throughout each shave. In 2012 the Schick Hydro Power Select, a powered wet shave razor, became available on the market offering a major advancement in men's grooming. The brand expanded with the launch of Schick Hydro Silk for women, a razor built upon the technology of the Schick Hydro brand. Using water-activated moisturizing serum, the Schick Hydro Silk razor hydrates skin to help replenish moisture shaving can take away.
With the introduction of the disposables line, Schick Hydro and Schick Hydro Silk promises to continue to innovate the category. These disposable razors hydrate skin throughout each shave and help protect skin from irritation. Schick Hydro 5 Disposables and Schick Hydro Silk Disposables come with a money-back guarantee and provide a shave that feels like a brand new disposable each time, the company stated.
Schick Hydro 5 Disposables razors feature technology designed to combat irritation and hydrate the skin throughout each shave with the following innovations:
- Water-activated gel reservoir hydrates skin throughout each shave, helping to reduce friction and irritation;
- Five blades with skin guards smooth skin while doubling the points of contact between the blades and the skin, for less irritation;
- Flip trimmer flips back allowing all five blades to help trim tight spaces; and
- Ergonomically-designed rubber grip handle for optimal control and performance.
Schick Hydro Silk disposables bring the technology of the Schick Hydro Silk razor into a disposable format, offering the following shave benefits:
- Water-Activated moisturizing serum hydrates throughout each shave and for up to two hours to help replenish skin's natural moisture;
- Five curve-sensing blades deliver a close shave and glides over a woman's curves;
- Skin guards smooth the skin while shaving helping to protect from irritation;
- Compact oval cartridge shape fits easily into hard to reach areas and allows for easy maneuvering over a woman's contours and curves; and
- Ergonomic and soft disposable handle designed and optimized to provide a comfortable shave.
The Schick Hydro 5 disposables and Schick Hydro Silk disposables will be available beginning February 2013.
Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news.