- FDA advisory panel to consider OTC status of NSAIDs
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Vitamins and Supplements 2014
- Study: Daily aspirin use may reduce risk of ovarian cancer by 20%
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
CVS had this citrus-flavored Bayer aspirin quick release crystals clip-stripped within adult dentures. And while this product isn’t the 81 mg of aspirin recommended for daily consumption to prevent a second heart attack (it contains 850 mg in each powder pouch), there is still a very strong need for this kind of easily stored/quickly administered aspirin product for seniors.
Sufferers of any heart attack are recommended to chew and swallow aspirin just after they’ve dialed 911 and called for help. As the first aid for heart attacks, aspirin makes platelets less sticky and can minimize blood clot formation and prevent further blockage of the artery.