- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- Albertson's LLC opens pharmacy inside California hospital
MODESTO, Calif. — Save Mart Supermarkets announced that all of its banners — including Save Mart, S-Mart Foods, Lucky, FoodMaxx and Maxx Value Foods stores — will be raising funds for children's hospitals in California and Nevada.
Through Aug. 31, the stores will be selling paper icons for $1 at checkout stands, which will be displayed in stores once they are purchased. The hospitals that will be supported include Bakersfield Memorial Hospital; Children's Hospital of Central California; Oakland Children's Hospital and Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital, all of which are located in California, and Renown Children's Hospital in Nevada.
Save Mart Supermarkets operates 226 stores throughout northern California and northern Nevada.