- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CMS Medicare analysis found mail order more expensive than community pharmacy across 21 plans
- NCPA announces endorsement of bill aimed at curbing Rx drug abuse
- Analysis: Patients face more hurdles accessing drugs in exchange plans vs. employer coverage
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
PARIS — Sanofi has appointed David Meeker as CEO of Genzyme, the French drug maker said.
Sanofi bought the Cambridge, Mass.-based biotech manufacturer for $20.1 billion earlier this year.
"After working closely with David over the past six months, I am confident that he is the best person to lead Genzyme," Sanofi CEO Christopher Viehbacher said. "David's commitment to employees, physicians and patients has been a key success factor in the successful integration of Genzyme as part of the Sanofi Group."
Meeker began working for Genzyme in 1994 and was appointed COO in 2009. He will assume the position on Nov. 1.