- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Sandoz to market authorized generic version of Adderall XR
- Sandoz relaunches biosimilars website
- Sandoz starts clinical trial of Enbrel biosimilar
- CVS/pharmacy unveils Nuance Salma Hayek spring 2014 collection
PRINCETON, N.J. — Sandoz has launched a shampoo used to treat severe scalp psoriasis, the generic drug maker said.
Sandoz announced the introduction of clobetasol propionate shampoo in the 0.05% strength, an authorized generic version of Galderma Labs' Clobex. An authorized generic drug is a branded drug sold under its generic name, usually by a third-party company at a reduced price.
Various versions of the shampoo had sales of about $54.9 million during the 12-month period ended in October 2011, according to IMS Health.