- FDA approves Novartis drug for high blood pressure treatment
- New cardiovascular risk calculator now available online
- PhRMA: Nearly 300 preventive medicines for heart disease, stroke in development
- Pfizer forms licensing agreement with Seattle Genetics
- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Sam's Club will offer free heart health screenings at 563 of its stores on Saturday, the club retailer said.
The screenings, taking place at stores with pharmacies, will include tests valued at up to $100 for glucose, total cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, blood pressure, body mass index and vision screenings.
"Sam's Club reinforces our commitment to health and wellness by educating our communities about the importance of a healthy heart," Sam's Club SVP health and wellness Jill Turner-Mitchael said. "In honor of February's Heart Health Awareness Month, free Sam's Club health screenings offer individuals the opportunity to manage their heart health by first learning where they stand with several cardiovascular disease risk factors."