- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Sam's Club donates $1.25 million to expand YMCA health, wellness initiatives; retailer offers diabetes screenings
- Sluggish sales at Walmart, profit outlook lowered
- Walmart asks suppliers to phase out certain chemicals from products
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Sam's Club has named David Badeen VP health care. Badeen will be responsible for pharmacy, OTC, optical and hearing centers, as well as third party contracting and pricing. In this new role, he will report directly to Jill Turner-Mitchael, SVP health and wellness.
Badeen started his Walmart career in 1985 as a pharmacy manager before moving to Bentonville in 1993 to serve as director of automated systems. He has held leadership roles within the company's operations, new business development and merchandising and managed care divisions, as well as time working with the Sam's Club Pharmacy Team.
The company also announced other changes in the division. George Agnacian, VP of consumables, will be responsible for HBA, tabletops/bags, pets, laundry and home care, baby care, restaurant supplies, paper and commercial cleaning.