- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- CVS Caremark appoints Helena Foulkes president of CVS/pharmacy
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. — Generic drug maker Sagent Pharmaceuticals has appointed James Hussey as its president, the company said.
Sagent said the board of directors' appointment of Hussey, 53, would be effective Monday. Hussey will be responsible for the company's commercial operations, including development, regulatory affairs, supply chain activities, sales, marketing and human resources.
"We are delighted to have Jim join the organization as our president," Sagent CEO and chairman Jeffrey Yordon said. "Given the growth trajectory we have experienced and our projected performance going forward, we want to provide seasoned leadership to our commercial operations while I continue to drive strategic development, develop partner relationships and investigate vertical integration."