- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
- Safeway 1-of-15 employers receiving the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
- Safeway prepares to exit Philadelphia market
- Safeway plans IPO for its Blackhawk Network gift card distribution division
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway announced Monday a management change in the retailer's Seattle division.
The company said Steve Frisby, will assume added responsibility of the division after the exit of the current president, Greg Sparks. Frisby, who joined Safeway in 1972, currently serves as the president of its Portland, Ore., division.
"Taking on this dual role is well suited to Steve's extensive knowledge of our Northwest markets and his considerable leadership skills," said Safeway chairman, president and CEO Steve Burd. "His demonstrated ability to get results across a variety of competitive environments will serve Safeway's interest well in the region."