- Safeway confirms grocer is exploring possible sale
- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Reuters: Safeway a target for possible buyout
- Safeway receives FTC request for additional information
- Safeway, Albertsons merger proceeds to next step as 'go-shop' period expires
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway announced that its board of directors Friday declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of 14.5 cents per share.
The dividend will be payable on April 12 to stockholders of record at the close of business on March 22, the company noted.
In related financial news, the retailer's board also increased the authorized level of the company's stock repurchase program by $1 billion. The stock repurchase program, which may be accelerated, suspended, delayed or discontinued at any time, had about $400 million remaining through Feb. 22, Safeway said.