- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Safeway confirms grocer is exploring possible sale
- Safeway receives FTC request for additional information
- Safeway, Albertsons merger proceeds to next step as 'go-shop' period expires
- Safeway names new Eastern Division president
PORTLAND, Ore. — Independent brewer Craft Brew Alliance gave Safeway one of its Retailer of the Year awards at its inaugural annual conference for beer wholesalers in Las Vegas earlier this week, the company said.
CBA said the Retailer of the Year Awards recognize retailers that have contributed to the company's sales growth and demand for its products. Safeway was named the off-premise retailer of the year, while restaurant chain Buffalo Wild Wings was named on-premise retailer of the year.
CBA's brands include Omission Brewing and Square Mile Cider Co., as well as Redhood Brewery, Kona Brewing Co. and Widmer Brothers Brewing.
“Our retailers play a critical role in driving consumer awareness and demand for our distinctive, great-tasting beers, and we’re thrilled to honor Buffalo Wild Wings and Safeway for their outstanding support,” CBA VP national sales operations Derek Hahm said. “Whether it’s through Buffalo Wild Wings’ eagerness to be first to market Redhook’s Game Changer to millions of wings, beer and sports fans, or through innovative in-store programming with Safeway, both of these retailers demonstrated exceptional support, and we wanted to find a special way to recognize their contributions.”