- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
- Have you had your flu shot this year?
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway on Wednesday shipped an additional 200,000 doses of flu vaccine to its pharmacies in the U.S.
"This additional quantity of flu vaccine will allow us to meet the needs of our customers to help them remain healthy this season," stated Darren Singer, SVP Pharmacy. "Our pharmacists administer the vaccine on a walk-in basis. The process is simple, convenient and affordable. We want all of our customers to have this protection."
To encourage customers to receive a flu vaccine and promote health and wellness, Safeway is giving each customer who receives a flu vaccine at a Safeway Pharmacy a coupon for 10% off their next grocery purchase.