- Safeway confirms grocer is exploring possible sale
- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Safeway, Albertsons merger proceeds to next step as 'go-shop' period expires
- Safeway names new Eastern Division president
- First 5 San Diego, Vons partner with County of San Diego’s Live Well San Diego campaign
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway announced that its stores raised $1 million for the Wounded Warrior Project, an organization that exists to honor and empower military men and women who incurred service-related injuries on or after Sept. 11, 2001.
The money was raised during Veteran's Day weekend by all Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Dominick's, Randalls, Genuardi's, Tom Thumb and Carrs stores in the United States
"Our customers enthusiastically showed their support and respect not only for the work of the Wounded Warrior Project, but for veterans," said Larree Renda , Safeway EVP and chair of the Safeway Foundation. "This was an opportunity for our company and customers to help the heroes who risk their lives to defend the freedoms that we hold dear."