- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway partners with Avril Lavigne for annual Support for People with Disabilities campaign
- Safeway prepares to exit Philadelphia market
- NACDS Marketplace to feature new Digital Learning Center
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway on Tuesday named Al Duran to the role of president of the company's Denver division. He replaces Scott Grimmett, who is leaving Safeway for an opportunity with a noncompeting food retailer, the company stated.
"Al's results-oriented leadership style and experience on both the retail and the marketing side of our business will serve him well in his new assignment," Safeway chairman, president and CEO Steve Burd said. "He is also a Colorado native and knows that market well."
Duran joined Safeway's Denver division in 1979, and worked his way through the company's ranks including senior retail operations and marketing positions in the Safeway's Phoenix and Dominick's divisions. He joined Safeway's corporate team in 2009 as VP retail Initiatives.