- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Safeway confirms grocer is exploring possible sale
- Safeway, Albertsons merger proceeds to next step as 'go-shop' period expires
- Safeway receives FTC request for additional information
- Safeway receives 2014 Military Officers Association of America's Distinguished Service Award
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway on Tuesday evening announced the appointment of Brian Baer to president of the company's Eastern Division.
"Brian's proven management skills and experience will serve our customer base well in the Eastern Division," stated Kelly Griffith, Safeway EVP retail operations.
Baer joined Safeway in 2001 as VP Finance for the company's Phoenix division. In 2004, he became group VP of finance planning and analysis at the Safeway's corporate headquarters. He joined the Dominick's division as CFO in 2008, and was promoted to president of that division in 2011.
Prior to joining Safeway, Baer spent more than 12 years with Marriott Corp. serving in various financial management positions in operations, corporate finance and real estate development.