- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Walgreens partners with Chicago Public Schools and city health department on Tdap vaccination project
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway on Monday announced that both traditional and high-dose influenza vaccines are available nationwide. In addition, those who get a flu vaccine will receive a 10%-off coupon.
"We have always made the process of getting a flu vaccine affordable and convenient," stated Darren Singer, Safeway SVP pharmacy. "Now, we're giving an extra incentive to protect against a very common, very infectious illness," he said. "We especially want to protect those most at risk. For seniors, the Fluzone HD offers a better immune response and better protection against flu."
Select Safeway locations also have the new quadrivalent FluMist intranasal vaccine, which is suitable for healthy patients ages 5 years through 49 years.