- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Safeway, Albertsons merger proceeds to next step as 'go-shop' period expires
- Safeway receives FTC request for additional information
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway is helping customers prepare for the flu season by offering a new deal for those that get inoculated at its pharmacies.
Customers that get their flu vaccine at Safeway will be awarded 10% off their next grocery purchase, according to the retailer's official blog.
Many retailers across the country have rolled out their flu vaccine programs this season. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends flu shots for everyone ages 6 months and older.