- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway prepares to exit Philadelphia market
- Safeway partners with Avril Lavigne for annual Support for People with Disabilities campaign
- Safeway sees sales, income boost in Q2
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Building on the success of its store brands O Organics and Eating Right, Safeway is boosting its portfolio with a new line of healthy, nutritious food.
Open Nature includes more than 100 products made with 100% natural ingredients from natural sources. The first Open Nature items now are available in Safeway’s meat departments, with additional products to be added to the store brand throughout the year.
Current items up for grabs are priced between $3.99 and $5.99, the retailer said.
“[Open Nature] is another demonstration of Safeway’s commitment to providing our customers the best possible experience when they prepare and eat meals for themselves and their families,” said Joe Ennen, SVP consumer brands at Safeway. “Open Nature is Safeway’s way of providing shoppers access to simple, flavorful food made from all-natural ingredients that is as close to nature as possible.”