- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Reuters: Safeway a target for possible buyout
- Safeway, Albertsons merger proceeds to next step as 'go-shop' period expires
- Safeway receives FTC request for additional information
- Safeway confirms grocer is exploring possible sale
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway's board of directors declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of 12 cents per share. The cash dividend will be payable on Jan. 13, 2011, to stockholders of record at the close of business on Dec. 23.
In related news, the retail chain's board also increased the authorized level of the company’s stock repurchase program by $1 billion to $7 billion. Through the end of third quarter 2010, Safeway repurchased approximately $5.2 billion of its stock and had approximately $800 million remaining under its stock repurchase program, Safeway said.