- Safeway 1-of-15 employers receiving the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
- Safeway begins exit of Chicago market
- Safeway declares quarterly cash dividend of $0.20 per share
- Reuters: Safeway a target for possible buyout
- Safeway awarded Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
PLEASANTON, Calif. — The board of directors at Safeway announced that it has increased the authorized level of the company's stock repurchase program by $1 billion.
With this boost, the program now totals $8 billion.
Through the end of the third quarter 2011, Safeway had repurchased about $6.1 billion of its stock and had approximately $900 million remaining under its stock repurchase program, the retailer noted.