- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
- Safeway prepares to exit Philadelphia market
- Safeway partners with Avril Lavigne for annual Support for People with Disabilities campaign
- Safeway outlines three future growth platforms: Wellness, loyalty and fuel
PLEASANTON, Calif. — The board of directors at Safeway announced that it has increased the authorized level of the company's stock repurchase program by $1 billion.
With this boost, the program now totals $8 billion.
Through the end of the third quarter 2011, Safeway had repurchased about $6.1 billion of its stock and had approximately $900 million remaining under its stock repurchase program, the retailer noted.