- Sanofi: Nasacort first nasal corticosteroid available without a prescription
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- FDA advisers vote 10-6 in favor of Nasacort AQ as an OTC
PARIS — Sanofi US and its consumer health business Chattem on Monday unveiled plans to re-introduce the iconic Rolaids heartburn-relief brand to the U.S. market. The brand returns after a three-year hiatus in the marketplace and follows Chattem's acquisition of Rolaids earlier this year.
"For the last few years there has been a significant gap in the over-the-counter antacid marketplace here in the U.S.," stated Zan Guerry, CEO Chattem. "Starting today, the millions of people who suffer from frequent heartburn and acid indigestion can once again turn to Rolaids to help relieve their symptoms."
"Incorporating Rolaids into Chattem's portfolio further strengthens Sanofi's position as a leader in the U.S. consumer healthcare sector and helps to further diversify our category offerings," added Anne Whitaker, president, North America Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi.
Chattem will support the re-launch of Rolaids with a fully integrated marketing campaign featuring chef and restaurateur Guy Fieri. The campaign includes national television spots that include Fieri and re-establishes one of the more recognizable advertising taglines — "How Do You Spell Relief? R-O-L-A-I-D-S."
Chattem completed the acquisition of the worldwide rights to the Rolaids brand from McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division on Jan. 7, 2013.
Get connected and follow us on LinkedIn for the most in-depth coverage of drug store news. Join the conversation.