- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
- Former Revlon CEO appointed CEO of Scientific Games
- Walgreens expands access to Walgreens Connected Care hepatitis C program
- Could ESI block Sovaldi from its formulary?
- Experimental AbbVie treatment regimen for hepatitis C produces 96% cure rate
BASEL, Switzerland Swiss drug maker Roche has bought the rights to an investigative treatment for hepatitis C, Roche said.
The company announced Thursday that it had purchased global development and commercialization rights to the drug RG7227/ITMN-191 (danoprevir) from InterMune for $175 million.
Roche said the drug had shown promise in preclinical and early clinical development. The two companies have been developing the drug since 2006.