- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid's Wellness format passes 1,000-store mark in second quarter
- Rite Aid posts 1.8% increase in January comp sales despite tough flu comparisons
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
CAMP HILL, Pa. Same-store sales at Rite Aid dropped nearly 1% for the four weeks ended Sept. 25, the drug store chain said Thursday.
Rite Aid's same-store sales declined 0.9% over the prior-year period. Front-end same-store sales for Rite Aid also fell 0.3%. Additionally, pharmacy same-store sales decreased 1.2%, as prescriptions filled at comparable stores also decreased 1.3% compared with the year-ago period. Prescription revenue accounted for 68.5% of drug store sales, and third-party prescription revenue represented 96.2% of pharmacy sales, Rite Aid said.
Additionally, the chain also disclosed that total drug store sales for the four-week period decreased 2% to $1.9 billion, compared with the same period last year.