- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Ken Martindale appointed president, COO of Rite Aid
- François Coutu will resign from Rite Aid board
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Rite Aid is using its social networking sites to offer 10 days of deals for the summer, the retail pharmacy chain said Monday.
Rite Aid said it would use the Rites — a fictional, digital family comprising Procrastinating Papa Rite, Deal Digger Mama Rite, Over-the-Top Olivia Rite, Scrooge Sally Rite, and Prepare and Preppy Patrick Rite — to promote deals across its Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages.
The pages will feature the Rites' 10-day trip across the country with postcards that offer a limited number of themed summer deals, such as one worth $5 off kids' tents and sleeping bags, and another for $2 off tiki torches. The company previously used the Rites for its 25 Deals of Christmas promotion in 2011.
"Like many American families, the Rites are on a missionto have a little fun this summer without spending a lot of money," Rite Aid SVP marketing John Learish said. "We hope Rite Aid followers across the social media landscape will check back to see where the Rites head next and to claim a Rites souvenir in the form of three daily deals plus any bonus deals that the Rites find along the way."