- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Rite Aid introduces interactive higi health stations across the chain
- Rite Aid Health Alliance aims at strengthening patient engagement
- University of Georgia pharmacy professor becomes first appointee to Rite Aid-endowed professorship
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Rite Aid is launching new flavors of its private-label Thrifty Ice Cream in California stores, the retail pharmacy chain said Wednesday.
The launch comes ahead of National Ice Cream Day on Sunday, which President Ronald Reagan launched in 1984.
“Thrifty Ice Cream has long been a high-quality, affordable ice cream with a loyal fan base with a uniquely Californian history,” said Ron Simmer, general manager of the Thrifty Ice Cream plant in El Monte, Calif. “Rite Aid is proud to unveil the new lineup as the latest in the still-evolving Thrifty tradition.”
The new lineup includes nonfat frozen yogurt available at the hand-dipped ice cream counters in nearly 500 Rite Aid stores in California. New flavors include Apricot and Mango Sherbet, Circus Cookies and, starting in August, Key Lime Cheesecake.