- Rite Aid launches marketing campaign for Wellness65+
- Rite Aid launches Wellness+ extension for seniors
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Members of Rite Aid's loyalty card program will have special reward points added to their cards automatically starting next month, the retail pharmacy chain said Thursday.
Beginning Sept. 2, Wellness+ members will have +UPs loaded to their cards automatically. +UPs are special rewards earned when certain items or groups of items are purchased and can be used like cash toward future purchases. Rite Aid COO Ken Martindale said the national rollout of the Load2Card feature for +UPs would follow a seven-month pilot in four cities.
"The direct download of +UPs to Wellness+ cards is just the latest example of how we are constantly seeking innovative ways to make sure our award-winning Wellness+ program continues to deliver the best value and convenience to our most loyal customers," Martindale said. "Since the beginning, Wellness+ has differentiated itself from other loyalty programs because it uniquely combines health-and-wellness rewards with shopping discounts. We're committed to not only setting but raising the bar when it comes to building customer loyalty."