- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Rite Aid introduces interactive higi health stations across the chain
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
- University of Georgia pharmacy professor becomes first appointee to Rite Aid-endowed professorship
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Members of Rite Aid's loyalty card program will have special reward points added to their cards automatically starting next month, the retail pharmacy chain said Thursday.
Beginning Sept. 2, Wellness+ members will have +UPs loaded to their cards automatically. +UPs are special rewards earned when certain items or groups of items are purchased and can be used like cash toward future purchases. Rite Aid COO Ken Martindale said the national rollout of the Load2Card feature for +UPs would follow a seven-month pilot in four cities.
"The direct download of +UPs to Wellness+ cards is just the latest example of how we are constantly seeking innovative ways to make sure our award-winning Wellness+ program continues to deliver the best value and convenience to our most loyal customers," Martindale said. "Since the beginning, Wellness+ has differentiated itself from other loyalty programs because it uniquely combines health-and-wellness rewards with shopping discounts. We're committed to not only setting but raising the bar when it comes to building customer loyalty."