- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Walgreens, Rite Aid join outcry over Boston Rolling Stone cover
- François Coutu will resign from Rite Aid board
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Rite Aid Facebook fans are getting an early shot at coupons for gifts and stocking stuffers as part of a new promotion announced Monday.
Rite Aid launched its "25 Deals of Christmas" promotion, which will allow visitors to a special tab on Rite Aid's Facebook page to download coupons for such items as beauty items, men's grooming gift sets, electronics and toys. The promotion started Monday and lasts until Dec. 23.
"With a little over three weeks to go before Christmas, we know shoppers are starting to feel the pressure to find great gifts for everyone on their shopping lists," Rite Aid SVP marketing John Learish said. "[The promotion] is a way for us to recognize our Facebook community by making it easy and fun to save at Rite Aid."
The promotion will introduce a fictional family of five called the Rites, including "Deal Digger" Mama Rite, "Procrastinating" Papa Rite, "Prepared & Preppy" Patrick Rite and his two sisters. Users can take personality quizzes and make public pledges, such as not worrying about wrapping gifts perfectly or finishing shopping before Christmas Eve.