- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Rite Aid is asking customers to vote for their favorite pharmacist in recognition of American Pharmacists Month, the retail pharmacy chain said Wednesday.
Through Oct. 31, customers can vote for their favorite pharmacist at RiteAid.com, through a mail-in nomination available at the store or by "liking" Rite Aid's Facebook page and using a special tab. Customers can share stories about the services their pharmacists provide and what makes them special.
"There's no better time than American Pharmacists Month to thank our pharmacists for the superior customer service they provide to Rite Aid patients throughout the year," Rite Aid SVP pharmacy Dan Miller said. "Whether they are counseling a customer on new medication or helping a caregiver to understand and manage their loved one's disease, our pharmacists play a critical role in the health and well-being of their customers and communities. This program lets our pharmacists know how proud we are of them and how thankful we and their customers are for all that they do."
Customers who vote and pharmacists who are nominated will be entered into a random drawing to receive $2,500 in Rite Aid gift cards. In addition, all "favorite" pharmacists will be notified by Rite Aid, receive a Favorite Pharmacist pin and a letter of commendation from president and CEO John Standley.