CAMP HILL, Pa. Rite Aid is set to host the Rite Aid Caregiver Expo this weekend, the chain announced Wednesday morning, in partnership with GlaxoSmithKline and Trib Total Media.
“We and our Expo partners are providing caregivers with convenient and invaluable best practices and information because we know that it sometimes can be challenging to care for a loved one,” stated Mark de Bruin, Rite Aid executive vice president of pharmacy. “At the Expo, caregivers will have the opportunity to get advice directly from healthcare professionals as well as take advantage of a variety of free resources.”
The Rite Aid Caregiver Expo will exclusively house the following resources:
- Pharmacists, financial planners and legal counsel available to answer questions and provide helpful hints
- Representatives from hospice care and nursing home facilities
- Caregiving associations
- Advice from experts on how to juggle professional and caregiving responsibilities
- Demonstrations and information on smoking cessation, health and beauty products and healthy eating
- Information on basic care, disease states and recent research finds
- Free blood pressure screenings
- Free product and medication samples
The event has been organized by Drug Store News.
The Rite Aid Caregiver Expo will take place Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Hall D of the Pittsburgh Convention Center.
Rite Aid operates 175 stores in the Pittsburgh metro area and approximately 611 in Pennsylvania.