- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Rite Aid is putting an emphasis on oral health with a new campaign that will run through Sept. 27.
The drug store chain unveiled its free educational guide, now available in stores and online, which underscores how oral hygiene impacts overall health. Rite Aid also is providing customers with access to expert advice from pharmacists and is offering Wellness+ rewards for Rite Aid's loyalty program members who purchase common oral health products — members of Wellness+ can earn $5 in +UP Rewards to use like cash toward a future Rite Aid purchase. The +UP Rewards print on the bottom of register receipts once $25 in select oral health products have been purchased.
Additionally, Rite Aid also will host videos and oral health tips on RiteAid.com.
"Oral health is a natural subject for patients to discuss with their Rite Aid pharmacist, who is one of the most accessible members of most patients' healthcare teams," Rite Aid EVP pharmacy Robert Thompson said. “Our pharmacists can show patients that by practicing smart dental habits, they’re taking steps to protect their mouth and overall health for years to come."