- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid introduces interactive higi health stations across the chain
- Rite Aid Health Alliance aims at strengthening patient engagement
- Rite Aid posts 1.8% increase in January comp sales despite tough flu comparisons
NEW YORK — Rite Aid had a ribbon-cutting ceremony to debut its newly remodeled Wellness store in New York's West Village neighborhood Tuesday.
The store is one of several in the chain of nearly 4,600 stores to test a newly revamped beauty section called Beauty Vision, which features a new look and feel and a wider range of products, as illustrated in DSN's recent slide show of the store. Meanwhile, special store attendants called Beauty Vision advisers provide customers with information and advice on cosmetic products.
A person familiar with the program told DSN that cosmetics sales at the West Village store had increased by about 50% over the past week, with lifts as high as 70% to 80% in some product lines.
Correction: An earlier version of this story included an incorrect number and locations of stores with the Beauty Vision concept based on a figure given to the reporter. This version of the story does not contain the number or locations of the stores, which Rite Aid Corp. is not officially disclosing.