- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Rite Aid's same-store sales increased last month despite being offset by slightly lower front-end same-store sales and new generic drug introductions, the retail pharmacy chain said Thursday.
During the four-week period that ended Saturday, same-store sales increased 1.9% compared with September 2012. The increase included a 0.5% decrease in front-end comps and a 3.1% increase in pharmacy comps, offset by 1% due to new generics. Same-store prescription count increased by 0.9%.
Total sales for the month were $1.935 billion, compared with $1.899 billion last September.
For the year to date, comps decreased by 0.4%, including flat front-end comps and a 0.6% decrease in the pharmacy. Same-store prescription count increased by 0.1%. Total sales for the 30-week period were $14.449 billion, a 0.7% decrease from $14.545 billion during the same period last year.