- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Rite Aid introduces interactive higi health stations across the chain
- Rite Aid debuts newly remodeled store as revamped beauty section sees sales lift
NEW YORK — During a red carpet celebration Tuesday evening at its newly remodeled Wellness store in New York's West Village neighborhood, Rite Aid unveiled and celebrated the exclusive launch of the Eddie Funkhouser beauty line at select Beauty Vision stores.
Funkhouser, a makeup artist and product development expert, was on hand to greet guests and provide makeovers. Funkhouser developed his eponymous cosmetic line, which is comprised of products for eyes and face, in an effort to blur the conventional lines drawn between mass and prestige.
Key highlights of the line include the soft-focus effect Luxlight collection and beauty bag must-have items like Quattro Variable Length Mascara, Luxlight Illuminator and Micromineral Foundation Powder.
To date, the collection is available in 10 Rite Aid locations. Prices range from about $8.49 to $15.
The store is one of several in the chain of nearly 4,600 stores to test a newly revamped beauty section called Beauty Vision, which features a new look and feel and a wider range of products. Meanwhile, special store attendants called Beauty Vision advisers provide customers with information and advice on cosmetic products.