- Rite Aid finishes tough fiscal year, but Q4 shows improvements
- Rite Aid posts $118.1 million profit for fiscal year 2013
- Report: Amazon tests public delivery lockers in Seattle, New York retailers
- Rite Aid opens 'next generation' Wellness store, reports September sales
- Rite Aid’s new loyalty program a major bright spot in tough Q3
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Rite Aid has appointed Susan Henderson as SVP and chief communications officer to replace Karen Rugen, who retired last month, the retail pharmacy chain said Monday.
Henderson will be responsible for all aspects of corporate communications, including media relations, financial communications, issues management, associate and supplier communications and the company's charity initiatives, reporting to president and CEO John Standley.
"Susan is a seasoned communications and public affairs professional who brings extensive consumer products and retail experience to Rite Aid," Standley said. "She is a proven leader in her own discipline and will be a valuable asset to us as an integral member of the management team focused on delivering long-term sustainable growth for our company."
Henderson, who has more than 25 years of experience, previously worked for Chicago-based strategy execution and employment engagement firm Gagen MacDonald; before that, she was VP communications for Harley-Davidson. She has also worked for the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co. in Chicago, Kohl's Department Stores and the Miller Brewing Co.