- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO — Drug Store News has learned that Mary Kelly has been appointed EVP and chief merchandising officer at Rexall Pharma Plus. Kelly, who has more than 26 years experience leading business teams in Canada and the United States, joins the company after four years at Shoppers Drug Mart, most recently as EVP, merchandising and category management. Prior to that, Kelly served 17 years at Target in a variety of key leadership positions in merchandising and pharmacy, and at Revco Drug Stores and Eli Lilly before that.
"Mary has a wealth of experience in the drug retail industry and we're excited to have her join our team," noted Rexall Pharma Plus CEO Frank Scorpiniti. "Mary will be an integral contributor as we continue to activate our enhanced brand and customer experience." In addition, the company also announced that Patrick Heffernan has joined as VP merchandising. Heffernan — who comes to Rexall from Lawton Drugs/Sobeys Pharmacy Group, where he spent eight years in the role of senior director of merchandising and marketing — has more than 18 years of management and operations experience, creating strategic merchandising and marketing plans. Heffernan will lead the category management team in developing and delivering strategies to continue driving front shop results.