- Safeway outlines three future growth platforms: Wellness, loyalty and fuel
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
- Safeway 1-of-15 employers receiving the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
- Safeway prepares to exit Philadelphia market
NEW YORK — All or part of Safeway soon may be a target for a possible buyout, according to a Reuters report published Wednesday morning citing people familiar with the matter.
According to the report, several buyout firms, including Cerberus Capital Management, are exploring a deal for the supermarket chain currently valued at $8 billion.
Safeway is not running an auction; however, executives are aware of the interest and are reviewing options with Goldman Sachs Group, Reuters reported.