- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
LONDON — Alliance Boots is expanding its network of independent pharmacists operating under the Alphega Pharmacy banner, according to a report published by RetailWeek Friday.
There are already 1,000 Alphega Pharmacy locations in the United Kingdom, according to the report. The pharmacy operation is better known throughout Europe, however, where there are 5,000 franchise members.
Alliance Boots hopes to expand that network of 6,000 pharmacies out to 10,000, RetailWeek reported.
Alphega launched in France in 2001 and broke ground on British soil in 2008. Alphega Pharmacy also can be found in Germany, Italy and Spain, the Netherlands; and in Russia and the Czech republic.