- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NCPA: Community pharmacy has historically helped patients as they transition to new health plans
- A shot in the arm for pharmacy
- NCPA survey: Drugs often don't make it to patients' hands due to efforts to combat prescription drug abuse
LONDON — Alliance Boots is expanding its network of independent pharmacists operating under the Alphega Pharmacy banner, according to a report published by RetailWeek Friday.
There are already 1,000 Alphega Pharmacy locations in the United Kingdom, according to the report. The pharmacy operation is better known throughout Europe, however, where there are 5,000 franchise members.
Alliance Boots hopes to expand that network of 6,000 pharmacies out to 10,000, RetailWeek reported.
Alphega launched in France in 2001 and broke ground on British soil in 2008. Alphega Pharmacy also can be found in Germany, Italy and Spain, the Netherlands; and in Russia and the Czech republic.