- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
NEW YORK — Another round of restructuring has occurred within Walgreens’ merchandising division, Drug Store News has learned. While details remain scarce, it is clear that the move has resulted in the elimination of several positions, however, Walgreens declined to comment on the number of positions or the specific individuals involved.
"We continue to realign our merchandising division to better integrate with and accelerate our strategy to become America’s first choice for health and daily living,” the company noted in a statement released to DSN.
"Specifically, we will be realigning responsibilities for our general merchandise manager and divisional merchandise manager roles. We also are realigning the structure and support for our category managers. Each category manager will be assisted by their own category specialist, which will replace the current, smaller number of associate and assistant category manager roles.
"This new structure will allow us to better meet the needs of our customers and our team members in our stores," the statement concluded.