- Actavis to acquire Forest Labs. for approximately $25 billion
- Actavis Pharma to sell seven Western European operations to Aurobindo Pharma
- Actavis' Lo Loestrin Fe patent upheld
- Actavis enters into agreement with Mylan, Famy Care regarding generic Generess FE
- Actavis, Forest Laboratories receive request for additional information from FTC
NEW YORK — Generic drug maker Watson Pharmaceuticals is looking to acquire Actavis, according to published reports.
News media reported Wednesday that U.S.-based Watson was close to taking over Switzerland-based Actavis for $6.6 to $7.3 billion. Actavis, also a major manufacturer of generic drugs, was formerly based in Iceland and moved its headquarters to Switzerland last year.
The deal would likely go through this month or next month, according to the reports. According to news media, people familiar with the matter suggested the combination of the two companies would give Watson a bigger presence in Europe.