- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Share of sales from Shop Your Way members grows as Q4 2013 comps have fallen, Kmart parent company says
- Kmart, Sears offer early online holiday shopping for Shop Your Way members
- Kmart, Sears offer free 90-day memberships in Shop Your Way Max
- Sears Holdings posts Q4 results, sees drop in comp sales at Kmart
NEW YORK — Sears Holdings will add some of its own products and allow customers to pick up products ordered from its flagship store in Chicago on the same day, according to published reports.
The Chicago Tribune reported that the company was seeking to cater more to urban professionals with the new program, called Mygofer Express, allowing them to pick up pre-ordered items ranging from groceries and OTC drugs to kitchen appliances. Customers will be able to buy products from Sears Holdings' various brands like Craftsman, Kenmore and Lands' End, as well as local Chicago vendors like Chicago Cupcake, Mon Ami Jewelry and The Clay Pot Flower Shop.
The company launched Mygofer, its e-commerce site, in 2009, converting a closed Kmart store in Joliet, Ill., to a warehouse and showroom with a drive-through, though the store closed earlier this month, according to the reports.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.