NEW YORK — Food Lion president Cathy Green Burns has left the company and is being succeeded by Beth Newlands Campbell as part of a major organizational shakeup at Delhaize America, according to published reports.
The shakeup comes on the heels of the Oct. 15 appointment of Roland Smith as president and CEO of Delhaize America and EVP of Delhaize Group. Smith, former president and CEO of The Wendy’s Co., replaced Ronald Hodge, who had been with the company for 33 years. Delhaize America is a division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group.
According to reports, Campbell, who will now serve as president of Food Lion/Harvey, previously served as president of Hannaford Supermarkets. Becoming the new president of Hannaford/Sweetbay is Brad Wise, SVP human resources for Delhaize America. In addition, Mike Vail, president of Sweetbay Supermarkets, will assume the role of chief supply chain officer for Delhaize America.
In other moves:
- Mark Doiron, Delhaize America chief supply chain officer, has left the company;
- Greg Amoroso, SVP business service center and sustainability for Delhaize America, becomes CFO for Delhaize America;
- David Criscione will assume the role of chief strategy and development officer of Delhaize America. Most recently, he was SVP strategy, marketing and business development at Hannaford;
- Meg Ham will continue in her role as president of Bottom Dollar Food;
- Deborah Dixson will serve as chief information officer of Delhaize America; and
- Linn Evans will continue as chief legal officer of Delhaize America.
According to reports, the company is searching for a chief people officer of Delhaize America.