- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- CVS Caremark's 'ability' and 'agility' a key focus of 2013 Analyst Day
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- MinuteClinic enters New Hampshire, forms new clinical collaboration
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
NEW YORK — A hospital system on Long Island in New York state has a partnership with CVS' MinuteClinic, according to published reports.
Newsday reported that doctors from North Shore-LIJ Health System would serve as medical directors for clinics at CVS stores in Bellport and Syosset, N.Y. According to the report, Long Islanders should expect to see more clinics in the future, noting "good care that is affordable and easily accessible is the wave of the future."
The newspaper, which covers Long Island, reported that the doctors would be available for consultations with the clinics' nurse practitioners, who could then refer patients to doctors or hospitals. It also reported that the two clinics were a precursor for more in retail stores around the island, and Long Islanders should expect to see more clinics in the future, noting "good care that is affordable and easily accessible is the wave if the future."
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.