- The mark of a winner: Axe Apollo nails ‘Four Cs’ of Design of Times competition
- Radiant Collection by Tampax, Always sponsors Demi Lovato Neon Lights Tour
- Helen of Troy names new CEO
- Deutsche Bank: Kroger in the running for Safeway in addition to Cerberus
- Athena prevails in court appeal, to resume U.S. sales of RevitaLash Advanced
SUPPLIER NEWS — Coty has announced that in September it will launch the new Celine Dion Signature, which marks the latest addition to the Celine Dion portfolio of fragrances. Celine Dion Signature will be available in September at mass merchandisers and drug outlets in the United States and Europe.
RETAILER NEWS — U.K. health and beauty retailer Boots — whose branded products are available in the United States at Target, Ulta and ShopBootsUSA.com, and at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada — announced that four of its No7 products have received the Good Housekeeping Seal by the Good Housekeeping Research Institute. The Boots No7 products that received the seal include No7 Protect & Perfect intense beauty serum, Intensive line filler, Advanced Renewal anti-aging glycolic peel kit and Protect & Perfect hand cream SPF 15.
EXECUTIVE NEWS — NYX Professional Makeup has tapped Scott Friedman as CEO, succeeding Toni Ko, who will transition to the role of founder and chief creative director. Prior to joining NYX, Friedman was CEO of Allegro, a manufacturer of travel and storage accessories, which was sold to Conair in 2007. NYX Professional Makeup is a makeup line available at major retailers across 40 countries, as well as more than 10,000 beauty supply stores in the United States and free-standing stores in Japan, Brazil and Switzerland.