- Fortune names Wegmans, Whole Foods, Publix top employers
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Alec Baldwin stars in Wegmans commercials
- Coming to Weis shelves: Lichi superfruit diet supplement
NEW YORK — New York’s hip and edgy beauty retailer Ricky’s NYC has tapped Catherine Moellering, former EVP at the retail consultancy Tobe Report, to serve as its new president and CEO, according to a published report.
According to a Crain’s report, Moellering joined Ricky's in order to better position the brick-and-mortar business for the digital revolution.
"It's about practicing what I preach," Moellering was quoting as saying in the Crain’s article. She joined Tobe in 2010 after leading the now bankrupt Best & Co. childrenswear company. She was named a Crain's 40 Under 40 honoree in 2009. "I've been lecturing for years about changing consumer expectations at stores.”
According to the article, she said that beauty and tech accessories — such as iPad covers and retro headphones — are areas of focus.
Earlier this year, Todd Kenig, the former chief executive who founded the company with his brother Ricky, left the brand. He was succeeded by Richard Krantz, a retail consultant, in late spring. Krantz is no longer with the company, Crain’s reported.
Ricky’s currently operates 29 retail stores across the New York metro area, along with one location in South Beach, Fla.