- Americans more likely than others to prefer generics, study finds
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Novartis names new head of sales U.S.
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
- Generic drug prices spike, but PBMs' reimbursement rates don't keep up, NCPA study finds
NEW YORK The pharmaceutical lobby spent more than $5 million lobbying the government during the third quarter, according to published reports.
Based on a filing with the government, BusinessWeek reported that the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America spent $5.2 million lobbying on issues ranging from healthcare legislation to drug importation and marketing.
This compared with $6.8 million in third quarter 2009, according to the magazine.