- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Cuomo supports Binghamton University's pharmacy school
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Study: NPs strengthening focus on promoting patient adherence
NEW YORK — More than 5,000 pharmacies in France face a strong risk of bankruptcy following government efforts to contain escalating healthcare costs, Le Parisien reported.
Citing recent data from credit insurance company Coface, the French newspaper reported that as many as 24% of the country’s 22,259 pharmacies were at risk in the face of greater government price controls.
That compares with 126 pharmacies that went out of business last year, the French paper reported.