- New alliance will crack down on adulterated products touting dietary supplement claims
- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- Merck's hepatitis C drug granted priority review by FDA
- Senator to float bill to address drug shortages
- Mylan's generic Precose gets green light from FDA
NEW DELHI — The Food and Drug Administration has approved a diabetes drug made by Lupin Pharmaceuticals, according to published reports.
The FDA approved Lupin’s metformin hydrochloride extended-release tablets, a generic version of Andrx Labs’ Fortamet.
Fortamet had sales of $83 million in 2010, according to IMS Health.