- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
HAMILTON, Ohio — Kroger has extended a pharmacy call center pilot project with Koncert IT through February 2013, according to a report published Tuesday by JournalNews.
"Right now [Kroger is] looking at possible infrastructure expansion in the event that it continues to move forward," Walt McLaren, president of Koncert IT, told JournalNews.
The initiative is expected to untether in-store pharmacists for more on-site patient interaction while the call center will enable Kroger pharmacists to engage patients on their health and wellness over the phone.
The pilot consisted of a call center serving 14 Kroger pharmacies across eastern Cincinnati.
For the full report, click here.