- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- MinuteClinic forms clinical collaboration with St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
- NACDS RxImpact Day 2011 takes aim at new lawmakers
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
GALENA, Ill. Regional retail pharmacy chain Hartig Drug will buy out a pharmacy that has served its community for nearly two centuries, according to published reports.
The Dubuque, Iowa, Telegraph Herald reported that Dubuque-based Hartig would buy the 178-year-old Clingman Pharmacy. Clingman is expected to close Aug. 28, a casualty, the newspaper reported, of pressure on independent pharmacies due to the economy.
In its current form, Clingman Pharmacy was opened in 1958, though various owners have operated it since 1832, according to the Telegraph Herald.