- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
GALENA, Ill. Regional retail pharmacy chain Hartig Drug will buy out a pharmacy that has served its community for nearly two centuries, according to published reports.
The Dubuque, Iowa, Telegraph Herald reported that Dubuque-based Hartig would buy the 178-year-old Clingman Pharmacy. Clingman is expected to close Aug. 28, a casualty, the newspaper reported, of pressure on independent pharmacies due to the economy.
In its current form, Clingman Pharmacy was opened in 1958, though various owners have operated it since 1832, according to the Telegraph Herald.